Friday, May 31, 2013

Drywall In - Column Out

The porch roof is in, all the new columns are in.

All of the drywall is installed, taping has started.

The siding is nearing completion.

Jess and I removed one of the old porch columns. The base had rotted and was infested with bees and other various creatures.

This was the state of the column base before removal. Actually it was a bit worse, this picture was from about a year ago. As we took it out the base crumbled into a mixture of dirt, bees, and other insects.

The column is still in somewhat good condition. I'll construct a new base and apply a sealant and paint to the inside before it's reinstalled.

No comments:

Post a Comment