Friday, April 19, 2013

ElectroplumbingVAC

The electric, plumbing, and HVAC are moving along. Hopefully the nights of navigating parts of the house using a flashlight are coming to an end.

We haven't posted in a while because I've been working in some spaces where a camera would be very inconvenient. I've come to know the attic and crawl space quite well as I've worked my way through replacing much of the old wiring in the house.

Working with the plaster and lathe walls has required a delicate touch. I was only able to get one of the walls to cooperate, a few of the other walls I have struggled with as they crumbled away with the slightest disturbance.

I'm sensing a bucket of flexall patching compound in my future.


I think the wall paper and cover plate were holding the plaster in place next to this switch.


Pulling new 12/3 from the top of the stairs to the opposite side on the bottom.
This is for a new 4 way switch circuit.  A little wire lube really helps.



This is the outside existing bathroom wall. Looks like wood patch was put over a hole next to a stud.
I wonder if there was an outlet there at one time?


In a grand compromise to get heat to our old existing upstairs bedrooms we had a main HVAC trunk placed in the front entry closet. We are still deciding on how the wall should be extended and a new closet placed next to this stack.

 
The right-most vertical sheet metal seen in the picture below is the trunk going into the attic. The idea was to rebuild the closet to the left of this trunk, this will result in a smaller opening going to the existing dining room. What is more important, closet space or symmetrical openings?
We are thinking the closet space is of higher value.



Plumbing drain/waste/vent work was started.
Toilet and sink drain for the new east bathroom.

Main waste stack for both new bathrooms.



Sink waste pipe for laundry area.

Laundry washer hookup.

No comments:

Post a Comment