Monday, October 7, 2013

Kitchen Floor

It's difficult to feel like you are making progress when you work on the smaller parts of a project. We spent some time fabricating this piece of baseboard moulding so it will wrap around a low heat vent on the wall.

For a larger project we tackled installing the kitchen flooring. After one failed attempt at picking a floor (bought it and returned it) we decided on this:

Millstead Handscraped Hickory Chestnut 1/2 in. Thick x 5 in. Wide x Random Length Engineered Hardwood Flooring (31 sq. ft. / case)

The distressed look helps hide any dents or scratches in the floor, which should work out well with abuse from two boys and a dog.

The product went down easy with 1-1/4"  18 gauge 1/4" crown flooring staples.

Alas, we could not finish the project as we ran out of underlayment. We will probably wrap up this project during the week when we get some more.

I'm always amazed at a child's ability to sleep through nailing, compressors running, and other loud noises.

No comments:

Post a Comment